Sesame Chicken Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the sherry or broth, soy sauce, onions, preserves, oil, garlic, ginger, hot pepper sauce and 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds. Pour 1/3 cup into another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternating, thread chicken and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, basting with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2014
Easy and flavorful!
Apr 27, 2011
i love these we always make rice to go with it
Jun 24, 2008
Very Good! Since I have to watch my salt, I used a TOH recipe for soy sauce substitute printed in 2006(?) that cut the sodium about 75% (900mg vs 220mg per TBSP). Never missed the salt.