- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Place the strawberries and pineapple juice in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add to the gelatin mixture. Stir in concentrates and cold water. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. For each serving, combine 1/2 cup slush mixture with 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda; stir well. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forSensational Slush
"Fabulous! I can see why this won a contest. My daughter wanted me to make strawberry lemonade and I came across this recipe. Wow, perfect mixing of flavors. I froze half of it for later this summer!"
"I have made this recipe for years also. It is the punch I always make because it is so good! Everyone who has tasted it loves it! I freeze it in gallon zipper bags for when smaller portions are wanted. The base lasts for months in the freezer."
"I have been making this recipe for years! It is SO delicious and best when strawberries are in season. A summer time must try!!"