Seasoned Turkey Gravy
This smooth and tasty gravy makes a great turkey taste even better. If you prefer a darker color, let the flour brown slightly when you mix it into the saucepan with the seasonings and reserved fat. —Terri McKitrick, Delafield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Roasted turkey drippings
- Chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pour turkey drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup; set aside. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, heat reserved fat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 38 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Seasoned Turkey Gravy in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010