Seasoned Salmon Steaks
A flavorful basting sauce adds spark to these special salmon steaks sent in by Cary Winright of Medina, Texas. The moist firm fish broils to perfection in mere minutes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place salmon on a greased broiler rack. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some over some over salmon. Turn and broil 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with remaining butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 447 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Seasoned Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking January/February 2000