Seafood Cakes with Herb Sauce
Total TimePrep: 65 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
Makes40 appetizers (1/2 cup sauce)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- SEAFOOD CAKES:
- 1-1/4 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 pound bay scallops, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- Additional finely chopped sweet red and yellow peppers and minced chives
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup. Chill remaining sauce until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, peppers, onion, egg, parsley, chives and reserved sauce. Gently fold in scallops and salmon.
- With floured hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook seafood cakes in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sauce. Garnish with additional peppers and chives.
Nutrition Facts1 seafood cake with about 1/2 teaspoon sauce (calculated without garnishes): 88 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 26, 2014
OMG! Is there a mistake in the amount of servings listed?? For 40 servings, there is only 1 and 1/2 pounds of seafood? but so many other ingredients! I really like the idea of seafood cakes other than salmon cakes, and was eager to read and try such a recipe; but I think I'll stay away from this until further instructions or comments are listed in regards to the above ingredients.
Jun 4, 2014
This was good. I used scallops and shrimp in the fish cakes, in the sauce I replaced mayo with salad dressing. I did not have chives or relish so I used Mezzetta bell pepper relish. I used a package of salmon similar to the tuna salad packages. Even with all these changes it came out well
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.