"I love this combination of herbs and seasonings tossed with popcorn," writes Janice Campbell from Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. Cayenne pepper adds a bit of heat to the late-night treat.
Recommended: 30+ Grilling Recipes to Bring to the Tailgate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
- To prepare popcorn: Combine popcorn, butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; toss to coat. Yield: 24 batches (about 1/4 cup).
Originally published as Savory Popcorn Seasoning in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p11
Reviews forSavory Popcorn Seasoning
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2009
"I used Cajun spice because I didn't have any cayenne pepper at home...makes a zesty snack!"