Pack this irresistible snack into wax or plastic bags and tie them shut with curling ribbons for a pretty presentation. You could also prepare a batch or two for a holiday bake sale. I guarantee it'll go quickly!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 cups butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the popcorn in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan; set aside. Melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Place vanilla chips and remaining shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over popcorn; toss gently to coat as much popcorn as possible. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill until firm before breaking into pieces.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 1025 calories, 71g fat (20g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 1338mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 15g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Popcorn in Country Woman Christmas 2006