Pack this irresistible snack into wax or plastic bags and tie them shut with curling ribbons for a pretty presentation. You could also prepare a batch or two for a holiday bake sale. I guarantee it'll go quickly!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 cups butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the popcorn in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan; set aside. Melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Place vanilla chips and remaining shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over popcorn; toss gently to coat as much popcorn as possible. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill until firm before breaking into pieces.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 1025 calories, 71g fat (20g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 1338mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 15g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Popcorn in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.