Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, 1 cup cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives; mix well. Add popcorn; stir to coat. Spoon into a lettuce-lined bowl. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 30, 2018
This recipe causes very strange looks when you announce what you're serving, but boy do people ever dig in when they've given it a little taste! It's awesome! NOTE: THE EDITOR'S NOTE IS WRONG - 1/2 cup of unpopped kernels equals about 14 to 16 cups of popped popcorn!
May 9, 2017
Like my adult son said ... "This is weird, but it works." And it does. The salad has a nice texture that isn't dry like you might imagine, and the flavor is good. This recipe is a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.