- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread widthwise into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Place cheese in cuts.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, green onions and poppy seeds; drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSavory Party Bread
"Delicious! Great aroma and presentation. I used white cheddar, Colby jack, 1 clove of garlic crushed into the butter, and omitted the onions."
"I made this for a starter on Christmas, it disappeared in a flash!"
"Yummy! I made 1 with Mexican cheese blend and 1 with vegan cheese. Both tasted great and I will definitely make it again."
"Big hit, can’t go wrong with this, I might use a bit more butter and poppy seeds next time."
"It was good, but l would use less onion the next time. Janet. VFE"
"What is not to like...bread, cheese, butter...need I say more? Makes a pretty presentation on the appetizer table and guests come back for more and more and more!"
"This snack is as amazing!"
"This is so easy, that I've started just using this for every event. Office potluck? Hit! Christmas party with friends? Everyone loved it! Even if it's not an event and you just want something special with dinner - this recipe is just the ticket. (And it's so easy!)Plenty of opportunity to mix it up, too - adding bacon, using a different kind of bread or cheese, adding an extra garlic dipping sauce on the side, they're all winners!"
"Very good! Added some fresh garlic, bacon bits and parsley flakes. Served with dip bc it needed a little something extra"