Savory Glazed Pearl Onions
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups frozen pearl onions (about 20 ounces), thawed
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Uncover; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until onions are glazed, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nov 21, 2014
I can't say enough about this dish. An absolute must with beef tenderloin. So savory, everyone had seconds and some even thirds.
Jan 6, 2013
Big hit at a dinner party I had last night! Everyone asked for the recipe and they were wonderful with beef tenderloin.
Jan 1, 2013
These little onions were outstanding. The flavor fabulous.
Dec 16, 2012
I had this At my sister's home and it was delicious. Can't wait to make it for my guests.