Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add brown sugar and mustard; cook 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 91 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 30, 2011
These are delicious! Doubting husband and son munched them down. Tip shown in magazine: when using fresh pearl onions cook in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain & plunge into ice water; pinch the root end and the peel will easily slip off. <--actually works (couldn't find frozen)!
Mar 17, 2011
An excellent side for ham. My family are not big onion fans, but there was nothing left after dinner!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.