Sausage with peppers was always on the table when I was growing up. Here's how I do it the easy way. Just grab a sheet pan and the ingredients, then let your oven do the work. —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound uncooked sweet Italian turkey sausage links, roughly chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place sausage pieces in a 15x10x1-in. sheet pan, arranging peppers and onions around sausage. Drizzle olive oil over sausage and vegetables; bake, stirring mixture after 15 minutes, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, arrange buns cut side up in a second sheet pan; top each bun bottom with a cheese slice. Bake until buns are golden brown and cheese is melted. Spoon sausage and pepper mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Sandwiches in Taste of Home February/March 2018