- 1 pound uncooked sweet Italian turkey sausage links, roughly chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place sausage pieces in a 15x10x1-in. sheet pan, arranging peppers and onions around sausage. Drizzle olive oil over sausage and vegetables; bake, stirring mixture after 15 minutes, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, arrange buns cut side up in a second sheet pan; top each bun bottom with a cheese slice. Bake until buns are golden brown and cheese is melted. Spoon sausage and pepper mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Sandwiches
"Delicious recipe & so easy...! I liked having the ingredients cooking away in the oven and sending out wonderful aromas as I prepped other components of our meal. Instead of making sandwiches, I made “bowls” using the mixture over smoked mozzaralla raviolis and a touch of spaghetti sauce. I loved that the cleanup was so easy, too. Will definitely make this again."
"What a quick and delicious recipe! I made these for our Super Bowl Party and they were a hit!"
"Absolutely delicious and ridiculously easy to prepare! I love that it's one cutting board and one pan to clean up. I also love how quickly I can have supper on the table because, let's be honest, I don't always have time to babysit a simmering pan of sausage, peppers, and onions with the stove-top. This is a definite "must-add" to our menu rotation! It tastes especially good with a smear of spicy or coarse-ground mustard."
"So good. I used red, yellow and orange peppers. I pre-browned the sausage in a skillet for easier slicing. Great on rolls and over rice or pasta too!"