Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 banana peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Tortilla chips
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add cilantro and lime juice; cover and pulse until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in avocados. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 42 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2011
I love this recipe! I make it without avocados though. My co-workers request this every time it's my turn to bring a snack, and one of them calls it the best salsa he's ever had!
Jun 17, 2011
I make. I eat some now. I freeze some for later. Love this simple recipe. I omit the avocado if I freeze this.