Did you know that mangoes are the most widely consumed fruit in the world? There are so many tasty ways to enjoy mango, but mango salsa is one of our current favorites. This colorful fruit dip is so light, refreshing and versatile! Here’s how you can whip up an easy mango salsa recipe at home.
How to Make Mango Salsa
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Dash of coarsely ground pepper
- 3 medium mangoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Anaheim or poblano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Step 1: Prep your Ingredients
This mango salsa recipe calls for a lot of chopped ingredients. If you’re not sure how to peel and cut a mango, be sure to check out these step-by-step instructions.
Step 2: Whisk away
Gather the first five ingredients and whisk them together. You want to create a thoroughly blended lime juice mixture.
Step 3: Combine and toss
Things are starting to look good. In a large bowl, combine fruit, peppers, onion and cilantro; toss everything with the lime juice mixture.
Step 4: Chill out
Refrigerate the salsa, covered, for one hour. This resting time will allow flavors to blend. Stir just before serving.