- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and half-and-half; heat to 175°. Add chocolate, sugar and salt; stir until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: about 4-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forRocky Road Ice Cream
"This is my families favorite ice cream recipe of all time. I make other yummy flavors but if given a choice, they will chose this Rocky Road Recipe EVERY time. Carol Johnson, Omaha, NE"