Refreshing Cranberry Sherbet
Heavy holiday dinners call for a refreshing dessert such as this colorful sherbet. Lemonade and orange juice a pleasant citrus taste. —Mary Ann Bostic, Sinks Grove, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 cups water
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberries and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to a food processor. Add the lemonade concentrate, orange juice concentrate, milk, lemon juice and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 179 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Sherbet in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.