- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, salt and cinnamon. Add rhubarb and raspberries; toss gently. Let stand for 20 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of place. Pour filling into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400°: for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Rhubarb Pie
"Absolutely delicious!!! My children even asked me if there was more the next day for breakfast! I have made it 3 times in the past month and never had a crumb left!"
"My husband loved it, I had to make it the following weekend too."