VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 8 to 10 drops neon purple food coloring
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over high heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from the heat. Stir in extract and food coloring. Immediately pour into prepared pan without scraping the saucepan (do not spread mixture).
- Cool for 1-2 minutes or until candy is almost set. Using a sharp knife, score into 1/2-in. squares; cool completely. Break squares apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Originally published as Raspberry Hard Candy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p24