"The original recipe for this attractive dessert called for regular gelatin and yogurt. I substituted sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat yogurt, and it tastes just as good," relates Gale Lalmond of Deering, New Hampshire. "It's especially nice after a large meal."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, drained, divided
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 30-45 minutes. Add yogurt. Beat on medium speed until light and foamy, about 2-3 minutes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide 2/3 cup raspberries among six dessert dishes. Top each with about 1/2 cup gelatin mixture and remaining raspberries. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 48 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Originally published as Raspberry Whip in Light & Tasty April/May 2003