"I make all the lunch box goodies for my son and husband," notes Linda Lundmark of Martinton, Illinois. "They love this snack, especially served warm."
Recommended: 55 of Our Favorite Berry Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Place butter in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, at 50% power for 30-45 seconds or until softened. Add brown sugar; stir until creamy. Add flour, oats, vanilla, salt and baking soda; mix well. Pat half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 5-6 minutes or until mixture sets, rotating a half turn after 3 minutes. (Crust will be uneven.) Spread with jam. Sprinkle with remaining dough; press down lightly. Cook, uncovered, at 70% power for 4-5 minutes or until set, rotating a half turn after 2 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Crumble in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p35