My husband loves fresh-picked blackberries at the height of summer, and mango is a favorite combination with the berries in this crumble. A little lime adds just enough zing to balance the sweetness of the filling.—Patricia C. Quinn, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups cubed peeled mangoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, toss mangoes and blackberries with lime juice. In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt; add to fruit and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.