Country Plum Crumble
MY GRANDMOTHER shared this recipe with me 30 years ago. It was one of her favorites, and it always earned her compliments. Now history has repeated itself! I've given this recipe to many friends and am delighted to share it with Reminisce readers. -Shari Dore, Brantford, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup canned plums, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Half-and-half cream, optional
- Cut the plum in half; discard pits. Divide equally among four well-greased 6-oz. custard cups. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and nutmeg; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cornflakes; sprinkle over plums.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 4, 2020
This is the yummiest canned plum recipe. I have made it many times for my Mom and for my Hospice patients. It takes them back to their Mom’s cooking. Would highly recommend you try it! Thanks for the recipe!!!