- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs (about 6 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a uniform round loaf in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 20-22 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning dish a quarter turn every 5 minutes. Drain; top with remaining sauce mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuick Microwave Meat Loaf
"This was a very good meatloaf.I almost did'nt try it because it was microwaveable.But was pleasantly surprised of thegreat flavor."