Quick Homemade Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- Vegetable oil
- Heat water and butter to 125°-130°. In a large bowl, combine with remaining ingredients except oil to form a stiff batter. Place in a greased bowl; oil top of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Divide dough into three portions. Shape into loaves and place in greased 8x4-in. loaf pans; oil tops of loaves. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° until bread sounds hollow when tapped, about 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 80 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 9, 2010
I made this last night, it makes 3 loaves of soft fluffy bread. Very easy, and delicious, added it to my recipe box as a keeper.
Jan 10, 2010
I made yeast rolls with this recipe and they were devoured. I will be making this bread again soon.
Jul 16, 2008
The bread did not rise well for me, I will go back to my usual recipes. Taste was good though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.