Quick Fettuccini Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each pepper and ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil).
- Drain fettuccine; serve with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 908 calories, 73g fat (45g saturated fat), 339mg cholesterol, 821mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Fettuccine Alfredo in The Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition