Quarter of a Pound Cake
Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri downsizes everyone’s favorite pound cake without losing any of its sweet appeal!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash ground mace
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and mace; add to egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into eight slices.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 358 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Half-A-Pound Cake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008
Jan 23, 2016
This is the perfect recipe for when you want a piece of cake but don't want to make a big cake that will eventually go to waste. It is very delicious, moist and satisfies your sweet tooth! Love it!