Quarter of a Pound Cake
Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri downsizes everyone’s favorite pound cake without losing any of its sweet appeal!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash ground mace
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and mace; add to egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into eight slices.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 358 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 23, 2016
This is the perfect recipe for when you want a piece of cake but don't want to make a big cake that will eventually go to waste. It is very delicious, moist and satisfies your sweet tooth! Love it!