This stuffed pizza is a real treat—and the frozen bread dough makes it a snap to prepare as well.—Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, divide one loaf of bread dough in half. Press over the bottom and up the sides or two 9-in. greased pie plates. Sprinkle each pie with 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Divide beef mixture and spoon over cheese. Top with pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Divide remaining loaf of bread; form into two 10-in. circles. Cover each pie with dough; crimp edges to seal.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce onto each pie. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Priazzo in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.