This stuffed pizza is a real treat—and the frozen bread dough makes it a snap to prepare as well.—Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, divide one loaf of bread dough in half. Press over the bottom and up the sides or two 9-in. greased pie plates. Sprinkle each pie with 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Divide beef mixture and spoon over cheese. Top with pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Divide remaining loaf of bread; form into two 10-in. circles. Cover each pie with dough; crimp edges to seal.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce onto each pie. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Priazzo in Country Ground Beef