Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 473 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 17, 2017
My husband and I love this recipe and make it several times a year. Like a previous reviewer, if made with large elbow macaroni, it would be so similar to a favorite elementary school cafeteria lunch from the 70's in New Hampshire. It was called American Chop Suey for some reason I have yet to figure out.
Oct 29, 2012
I was looking for a taste from years past in my elementary school cafeteria....this comes very close.
Sep 25, 2012
I madeover this recipe to be healthy..used 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, ground turkey, high-fiber egg noodles and 2% shredded cheese and it was still a hit! Great taste and picky husband approved. Will definitely make again!
Aug 31, 2010
My mother has a recipe like this one that she got out of a cookbook that came with her microwave oven over 30 years ago. It is my families favorite. Our recipe calls for Hamburger, both soups, onions, noodles, cheese and chili powder. We always make a big batch so we have lots of leftovers.
Aug 12, 2010
I served this with a tossed salad & garlic bread and my family LOVED it!! Easy to put together and very yummy!
Feb 5, 2010
Geeeeez, guess I oughta learn how to type better!! Have a great day.
Feb 5, 2010
GOSH, I'd forgotten about this. Made it often when kids were young - it was a mainstay at our house. Thak you for trip down memory lane!! Now that we're empty nesters, it'd be very easy to "halve" this dish.