- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 cups (8 ounces) uncooked egg noodles
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat, in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Heat butter. Add mushrooms, onion, sweet pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and noodles. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 3 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tuna, lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper. Select saute setting, and adjust for low heat. Stir cheese, tuna mixture and peas into noodle mixture. Cook until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle with potato chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole
"This was disappointing. I **LOVE** tuna casserole; it's probably my favorite dish. However, part of what I like is the taste of the tuna and this dish is so rich (because of the butter, half and half and cheese) that you really can't taste anything other than dairy. It might be better with chicken which has no taste to begin with. I would not make this again."