Pressure-Cooker Buffalo Shrimp Mac & Cheese
For a rich, creamy and slightly spicy shrimp and pasta recipe, you can't beat this crowd-pleasing dish. It's a nice new twist on popular Buffalo chicken dishes.—Robin Haas, Cranston, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients; stir in macaroni. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Press cancel.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for normal heat. Stir in shredded cheeses, shrimp, blue cheese and hot sauce. Cook until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes. Just before serving, stir in chives, parsley and, if desired, additional hot sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Originally published as Buffalo Shrimp Mac & Cheese in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.