Pressure-Cooker Buffalo Shrimp Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients; stir in macaroni. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for medium heat. Stir in shredded cheeses, shrimp, blue cheese and hot sauce. Cook until heated through, 5-6 minutes. Just before serving, stir in chives, parsley and, if desired, additional hot sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Jan 3, 2020
Wonderful recipe!! My boyfriend and I both loved it. I didn't have salad shrimp, so I used large shrimp and cut them into thirds, which worked very well. Definitely going to be making this again -- the leftovers were even amazing.
Jul 29, 2019
Best thing ever!!! More of a side than a meal though. I didn’t have any half and half so I used 2/3 cup 2% milk and 1/3 cup heavy cream as a substitute. It was very tasty and would have been even better if I had half and half. The texture was slightly gritty, but very creamy with the perfect amount of spice. Overall a great dish if you’re a cheese lover! The hot sauce doesn’t sit on your tongue it hits you in the back of the throat lol. Pound it, noggin!