A friend at church gave me the recipe for these buttery, light and crisp cookies. It's never failed to bring me compliments.—Brenda Stone, Sterrett, Alabama
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/3 cups crushed potato chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Additional crushed potato chips, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and crushed chips; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, melt chocolate chips; dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed potato chips.
Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed. Yield: about 3 dozen
Originally published as Potato Chip Bites in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016