Pot o’ Gold Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Dash salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and extracts.
- Combine the flour, almonds and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine the icing ingredients; decorate cookies as desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 97 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 11, 2012
These were amazing! Love them Love them Love them.
Mar 21, 2011
These cookies wre good, however, I did not get the 44 serving, probably I made them too large. I used Wilton cookie icing to save time. It worked well and the cookies looked great.
Mar 17, 2010
These were good, and pretty easy to make. However, they stuck so badly to the baking sheets that I lost quite a few. Greasing them didn't help, so I would use parchment paper next time. The icing was good and looked very festive on them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.