Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./ batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough into quarters; shape each into a 12-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap rolls and cut dough crosswise into 3/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 160 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2018
These look so good. But I do have a question. How long can you leave them in the refrigerator or can the dough be frozen? The reason I ask, I like to make all my cookie dough and freeze until ready to bake for the holidays. Thanks for any help you can give me.