Sacher Torte Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry, strawberry or apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and pudding mix until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add flour; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a wooden spoon handle or your thumb, press a deep indentation in center of each.
- Bake until set, 15-18 minutes. Cool in pans 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Fill each indentation with preserves; cool completely.
- For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over cookies. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 133 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 12, 2019
I have made these cookies for years. They are not a real sweet cookie so they are perfect on your cookie tray for those who don’t prefer a real sweet treat. The raspberry in the center is a nice pop of flavor. They get requested by my family year after year.
Dec 31, 2018
Can't wait to try these. I think I'll fill with a chocolate ganache instead.
Dec 18, 2012
It's my son's favorite cookie and I even use gluten free flour and sugar free pudding mix:)
Nov 30, 2011
After reading the previous review, I increased the flavor by substituting 1/4 cup of the flour for 1/4 cup baking cocoa powder. They are real rich tasting. I will make again. Note: Recipe only make about 28 cookies.
Nov 12, 2011
this cookie was to bland. my grandkids did not like this cookies and they like anything with chocolate. Sorry just was not a very good cookie.