- 1 package (19 ounces) uncooked bratwurst links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 8 pita pocket halves, warmed
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook bratwurst, onion and pepper over medium heat until bratwurst is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking up bratwurst into crumbles; drain. Stir in sauerkraut; heat through.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mix sour cream and mustard. Fill pita halves with bratwurst mixture; serve with sauce.
2 filled pita halves with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 706 calories, 46g fat (17g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 2260mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.