Waldorf Turkey Pitas
Living in New York City means not having a lot of time to prepare meals. This recipe is quick, easy and healthy, making it perfect for my lifestyle. —Kevin Sobotka, Staten Island, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Line pita halves with spinach; fill with turkey mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 363 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Waldorf Turkey Pitas in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.