Pear Waldorf Pitas
Here's a guaranteed table-brightener for a shower, luncheon or party. Just stand back and watch these sandwiches vanish. For an eye-catching presentation, I tuck each one into a colorful folded napkin. -Roxann Parker, Dover, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes20 mini pitas
- 2 medium ripe pears, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 20 miniature pita pocket halves
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, celery, grapes and walnuts. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise and poppy seeds. Add to pear mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Line pita halves with lettuce; fill each with 2 tablespoons pear mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 pita half: 67 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Pear Waldorf Pitas in Taste of Home August/September 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.