Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread inside pita bread halves; fill with apple and banana slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 324 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Jan 21, 2018
Very good and easy lunch!
Feb 20, 2017
Peanut butter and banana is already a winning combination and the addition of the crunchy apples makes this extra special. These are fabulous and a definite kid-pleaser. I can't wait to make them for my son, who is now 17 years old, but still loves his peanut butter and his bananas.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.