Pimiento Green Beans
Here's an easy way to turn everyday green beans into a special side dish. Pimientos, Parmesan cheese and chicken broth add savory flavor and a dash of color.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring beans, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir in the pimientos, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 40 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pimiento Green Beans in Country Woman Christmas 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.