Peasant Soup for One
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coat a saucepan with cooking spray; brown chicken over medium-high heat. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 280 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Jan 20, 2011
I have made this twice now, once with the chicken and once without because I decided spur of the moment to make it. I don't have tarragon, so I just used rosemary. My only complaint would be that it only makes one bowl, so no going back for seconds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.