Peanut Butter Cup Cookie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (13 ounces) miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls. Press a miniature peanut butter cup into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For drizzle, in a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 4, 2012
These are good. However, I was confused about the "miniature peanut butter cups" called for. Somehow, I assumed they were the mini unwrapped kind (measuring maybe .5+ in diameter), but then I saw the bag I'd bought was an 8 oz bag, so I began to think that maybe the recipe is calling for the larger size (that is maybe 1" in diameter) that come wrapped. I suppose these larger ones could also be called "mini" since they are not the regular-sized large ones (2" in diameter?). I used the smallest ones, and next time would just have mixed the whole bag into the dough. I am guessing I should have used the next size up so as to make the lump in the center more substantial. ANYWAY, these were good and I may make them again, just because they are unique. I do have a very similar tasting recipe that has chocolate chips and peanuts mixed into the dough and is quicker to make. Oh yes, for the chocolate drizzle, to save time I just melted some chocolate chips in a baggie in the microwave, cut off the corner of the bag, and squeezed the chocolate onto the cookies.
Apr 21, 2012
Time consuming (wrapping the candy), but a good cookie.
Feb 13, 2012
Made cookies exactly as recipe says, didn't change anything. These cookies are so delicious*****!
Dec 16, 2011
I made these a few years ago and they were a big hit. My joy at Christmas is baking and giving it away so this was a special treat in the cookie mix.
Oct 27, 2011
I have never liked any kind of peanut butter cookie, until I had these. I made them for my boyfriend and tried one. They are incredible!
Mar 10, 2011
I loved these cookies they where so yummy and everyone loved them!! i did a couple things differently however by using milk chocolate chips and melted them with a little bit of heavy whipping cream to make the drizzle instead of what the recipe called for, and wrapped them around two of the super tiny reeses instead of the normal mini sized and used the actual reeses branded peanut butter. i didn't even have to freeze or cool my dough they wrapped nicely and looked awesome when baked :D
Jul 1, 2010
I LOVE these cookies!! Will definitely make them again and again. Everyone who tried them absolutely loved them as well. This is a new favorite at our house.
Mar 18, 2010
Made these with a friend today. So easy and delicious. I will make them again.
Jan 4, 2010
I LOVE this cookie! It is easy to make and is delicious. I will definately make this recipe over and over.
Dec 21, 2009
I made these along with a few different types of cookies for Christmas last year and everyone is requesting these ones again! They were such a hit and fairly easy to make! Everyone will be happy when I show up with these again.