Peach Crumble Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, zest and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 237 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 1, 2017
Very Good. Only thing I did different was to leave out the lemon peel as well. A little sweet but good.
Aug 24, 2017
This was DELICIOUS. I didn't change anything except I left out the lemon peel (I didn't have one at the time) and I cut the recipe in 1/4 (doing 1/4 of an egg was interesting... 1 large egg is approx 1/4C so a quarter of that would be 1 tbsp of egg which I measured out after whisking it). My husband and I ate the whole thing. Our peaches tasted so fresh, and since they weren't overly sweet, the sugar in the topping was perfect. We topped ours with cool whip. I'll definitely be making this again.
Aug 20, 2017
This is perfect as written. I didn't change a thing and have made it twice with fresh peaches and served it with vanilla ice cream. My company enjoyed it and so did my family. This is a keeper!
Aug 12, 2017
I reduced the white sugar to a half of a cup and added a half of a cup of oats like the others suggested. I was not impressed.
Aug 5, 2017
This is absolutely delicious! My husband and I love this recipe. The flavors of the lemon and cinnamon add so much to the peaches. I did halve the sugar in the crumble and it was perfect. I'm definitely saving this to my recipe box! Thanks for a wonderful dessert recipe.
Aug 4, 2017
I halved the sugar in both the top and bottom and added a few oats to the topping to increase the dry ingredients. It was excellent!
Aug 2, 2017
This is so good
Jul 19, 2017
Generally, I am not a fan of peach desserts (although I adore fresh peaches). But this recipe is an exception. I did as others suggested and cut the white sugar in half and I also eliminated the lemon peel and added vanilla. Delicious.
Jun 19, 2017
This is so delicious and so easy to put together. I like to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream.
Feb 27, 2017
This is the best peach dessert recipe I've tried. Will never make cobbler with a cake mix again. Everyone loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.