Peach Crumb Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; cut in shortening until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk egg and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until crumbly.
- Reserve 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Toss peaches with almond extract. In another bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining sugar; add to peaches and toss to coat. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake until lightly browned and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 207 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 2, 2019
Made these to bring to a school potluck dinner and everyone loved them! (It was for my sons Speech team, so I labeled the bars "Speach Crumb Bars" - haha!) The touch of cinnamon is especially nice with the peaches. The fresh peaches at my grocery didn't look great so I used a 28-ounce can of yellow cling peach halves instead, and the bars were delicious.
Jun 28, 2018
While I was trying to copy this recipe, those pop up ads kept coming up
Jun 5, 2018
I haven't made it, but will as soon as good peaches are available in my area. Sounds delicious
Jan 15, 2018
Love these! I have also used Gf flour and they wonderful!
Aug 26, 2017
Awesome flavour, easy to make and great to take to a potluck or for a crowd.
Aug 6, 2017
I made a variation using blueberries for a potluck (due to an allergy to peaches), and it was a delicious way to serve dessert to a crowd. Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, I might try with a bit less sugar next time.
Aug 5, 2017
Why do you make impossible to print your recipes. It is so madding.