Peach Crumb Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; cut in shortening until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk egg and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until crumbly.
- Reserve 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Toss peaches with almond extract. In another bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining sugar; add to peaches and toss to coat. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake until lightly browned and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 207 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 28, 2018
While I was trying to copy this recipe, those pop up ads kept coming up
Jun 5, 2018
I haven't made it, but will as soon as good peaches are available in my area. Sounds delicious
Jan 15, 2018
Love these! I have also used Gf flour and they wonderful!
Aug 26, 2017
Awesome flavour, easy to make and great to take to a potluck or for a crowd.
Aug 6, 2017
I made a variation using blueberries for a potluck (due to an allergy to peaches), and it was a delicious way to serve dessert to a crowd. Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, I might try with a bit less sugar next time.
Aug 5, 2017
Why do you make impossible to print your recipes. It is so madding.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.