- 3 cups uncooked tube pasta
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute garlic until tender. Add the milk, cream cheese and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPasta Carbonara
"I have made this exactly like the recipe says and it was great, but it hurt to put a full stick of butter in!! So I put half... and did 1/3 fat cream cheese. I also used pancetta and there was no grease... I guess that is a good thing if trying to make it less fat!! I used quinoa pasta, first time user, and I couldn't tell the difference. I hope this helps, the original recipe was great too!! But I was trying to make it a bit healthier for my family. Love it!!"
"quick and creamy! We used packaged, fully-cooked bacon strips to save time and added more garlic for more flavor. Goes well with all kinds of sides and salads."
"It was a good Friday meal and delicious. Liked putting in some peas. Had some frozen from the garden last summer. Really tasty"
"Made it as written and it was delicious. Next time I plan on trying to slim it down with reduced fat cream cheese, turkey bacon, and a little less butter."
"I love pasta dishes, and can't wait to try this one! Sounds yummy!! thanks for sharing!"
"This sounds like heaven on a plate. Thanks for posting this very easy recipe."