Parmesan Kale Casserole
I tried coming up with a creative way to use kale, and the result was a cheesy casserole. When my husband sampled it, he absolutely loved it. Bits of summer sausage add heartiness. —Diana Johnson, Auburn, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped summer sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut kale, thawed and squeezed dry (about 3 cups total)
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, combine cream, sausage and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in kale. Add bread crumbs and cheese; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 361 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Kale Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014