Pancake Stack with Syrup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 pancakes and 1 cup syrup
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of the pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine syrup ingredients. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 1097 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 189g carbohydrate (127g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
May 14, 2018
These were fantastic! Like other reviewers, I added vanilla.
Jan 16, 2018
Very good and very easy to double the recipe to make more and freeze remaining for quick breakfasts. They were very light and fluffy and had goof flavor. I wasn't too find of the syrup, but I'm a lover of real maple syrup, so it wasn't anything wrong with the recipe.
Jan 4, 2017
This will likely replace my regular recipe that I've used for years! The pancakes are so fluffy...much fluffier than Others I've made. I did add some chocolate chips to a few of them for my son, and I subbed unsweetened applesauce for half of the cooking oil called for to cut down on some of the fat, but otherwise stuck to the original recipe. A five-star keeper!
Apr 3, 2016
Perfect! Tripled the recipe exactly and added vanilla. Delicious, even reheated.
Jan 8, 2016
Just made these and they were good. For the syrup, instead of 1/2 tsp rum, I put in 1/4 tsp rum and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!
Jun 5, 2015
This was really good. I added a teaspoon of vanilla for a little extra flavor.
May 11, 2013
These are good pancakes; very light and fluffy. The syrup was somewhat thin and I think if I make them again I will use maple syrup instead.
Apr 3, 2012
I have made this recipe several times and it is always good.
Apr 21, 2010
These are amazing...... a great morning treat!
Feb 7, 2010
This is a perfect-size breakfast for the kids and me. I substitute half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, for great taste and nutrition.