Campfire Pancakes with Peanut Maple Syrup
My family loves eating s'mores around the campfire when we vacation at the lake. Campfire pancakes are my tribute to those happy times. —Cheryl Snavely, Hagerstown, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 pancakes (1/4 cup syrup)
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) chocolate chip muffin mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, milk and egg; stir just until moistened. Fold in marshmallows and chips.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, microwave maple syrup and peanut butter in 10- to 20-second intervals until heated through. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes with 1 tablespoon syrup mixture: 407 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Campfire Pancakes with Nutty Maple Syrup in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.