Sweet Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup)
- 2 cups complete pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup grated apple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CIDER SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, stir the pancake mix, water, apple and cinnamon just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cider until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 284 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 31, 2017
I thought these pancakes were simple to make. They weren't the best pancakes I have ever had, but they were good. The cider syrup was very good! It was something different from the traditional pancake or maple syrup.
Feb 24, 2017
I followed the recipe exactly, using apple juice in the syrup. I thought the pancakes came out a little gummy, and the syrup had a heavy nutmeg taste. We just didn't care for these pancakes
Jun 2, 2016
I used Bisquick, eggs, and milk for the pancake mix. I added one apple and 4oz. of unsweetened apple sauce, plus the cinnamon to it. I followed the syrup recipe exactly. We loved this recipe. Very apple-y!
Nov 20, 2015
Absolutely loved the syrup. The pancakes froze and reheated great. Will definitely be making these again!
May 10, 2015
These pancakes are delicious and so quick and easy. The cider syrup really added an apple flavor to the pancakes. I made these for a Mother's Day brunch and everyone loved them. I would make this again and again.
Dec 26, 2014
I have only made the syrup and I love it! I did think it thickened almost too much the first time so this second time I added more cider (just personal preference). It tastes great and helps not to have to buy the real maple syrup so often which certainly helps with grocery costs.
Nov 11, 2014
I just made the syrup using apple juice and it was fantastic! Not as sweet as the store bought and so full of flavor. I am going to try this receipe with blueberry juice. I did not make the pancakes.
Oct 14, 2013
Hubby and I are diabetics so one change, had a Splenda/cinnamon/nutmeg mix for apple pie so used that for sugar and spices. Also 1 tsp baking powder. Awesome!!
Aug 24, 2013
Can't wait to make this for a church brunch in Sept. I would LOVE it if TOH had a catagory for large group recipes.
Nov 25, 2012
Made these just yesterday for my daughter, son-in-law and myself. We give the recipe 3 thumbs up and 5 stars for excellent. We all thought they were delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.