- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup crushed wheat crackers or seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Brush with butter. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOven-Fried Fish
"I made this with haddock using Italian break crumbs. I followed the recipe except for omitting the cheese. I will make again since it was easy to make and had a decent flavor."
"I used 1 lb. flounder fillets, defrosted. I used my microwave oven to defrost the fish by weight. I used 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs and 3 Tbsp. butter, melted and kept the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning the same amount. I omitted parsley flakes. I did bake fish 15 to 20 minutes at 425o F. This dish was really tasty! Thank you for sharing! delowenstein"
"Instead of wheat crackers, I crushed up Tostido Hint of Lime chips...this was VERY good and I'll do it again!"
"the whole family loved it even my 3 and 2 year olds"