Oreo Cupcakes with Cookies and Cream Frosting
Kids and adults alike won't be able to resist these Oreo cupcakes. If you want to pipe the frosting, be sure to thoroughly crush the Oreos. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
- 24 mini Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in crushed cookies.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in cookie crumbs. Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs and garnish with mini Oreo cookies.